If you’re planning on selling your home this spring, there are a number of things you can do to prepare for it. There are a number of homes for sale in Eastern Iowa and you want to stand out from the competition.
* Remove glass from light fixtures and take out all the little critters that may make their home there. Use glass cleaner on the glass before replacing.
* Clean your mail box – you would be surprised how many people look at your mail box.
*Clean & polish front door hardware or replace if necessary
*Check house numbers-can you see them from the street
*Wash down your front door and garage door – repaint if necessary. Use a color that blends well with your siding.
*Wash your windows or have them professionally cleaned.
* Hose down the porch and driveway – be sure to get off any excess salt etc.
*Get rid of rogue leaves left over from fall.
*Check concrete for any cracking or lifting – buyers hate to see this kind of stuff. It gives them a reason to low ball you.
*Check condition of your roof. Any missing shingles or does it look like it needs to be replaced. Don’t think the buyer is going to miss it.
* Remove debris from gutters & downspouts.
*Rake the lawn if necessary – but don’t do this early in the year if the ground has not dried out.
*Remove winter displays – i.e. X-mass lights etc.
*Tidy up you gardens.
* Organize your garage. Make it tidy and uncluttered.
* If you have a barbecue now is the time to bring it out – if it’s in good shape.
* If you have a pool, remove the cover, clean it and have it serviced.
* If you have patio furniture bring it out and clean it up – even if it’s still too cold to sit outside.
Seem like a lot of effort? It can be, but it can also pay big dividends!!
If you’re looking to sell your home, then contact one of the Realtors at American Realty of Dubuque. We’d be glad to talk with you and help you get top value for your property.